Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More work

When there was elevator music over the speakers at work I turned it off. Oops. Then when it turned into Christmas music I was all, "Awww C'MON. Where's my music?" Day 1, I'm super stoked. Day 2, I'm super stoked. Day 3, I'm regular stoked. Day 4- present, a little annoyed.

Someone forgot that there are other songs besides White Christmas, Baby It's Cold Outside, and Jingle Bells. Every once in a while a new song will come on and I am overjoyed.

I may have to turn the speakers back down.

Major problems: the double-timed Jingle Bells gives me fits and seizures. Baby It's Cold Outside is about date rape and actually includes the line, "Say, what's in this drink?" A rufi. Deal Breaker. Santa Baby teaches that the tart gets what the tart wants. Liza Minelli's A Few of My Favorite Things makes me think she has neither seen The Sound of Music (sacrelige) nor read the lyrics. Or even the title for that matter. Favorite things, Liza. Favorite. Stop being such a downer.

Speaking of TSOM, every song by Julie Andrews can stay forever. I had no idea she even did Christmas but it is fantastic. It's like Maria Von Trapp, Mary Poppins, and Fiona's mom all serenade me whilst guests complain about internet charges. La la la la not our fault la la la you are so crabby la la la stop trying to ruin my day la la la.

BTW there are just so many crazy people out there. And with the exception of this one guy who tried to burn me by telling him he's a Hilton Man (Sorry, Mr. Hilton, but I am rubber and you are glue), they all loooove staying at the Marriott. I think Mr. Marriot (the real one, unlike the aforementioned Mr. Hilton) needs to implement a zero tolerance policy on crazy. He's gives awesome discounts and benefits to his employees, but how about something like that to boost employee morale?

Welcome to the Marriott! Oh, you're out of your freaking mind? I'm terribly sorry, but you can't stay here.

BTW my coworker Kailee got me doing Pinterest stuff. Turns out pretty much every fabulous person I ever lived or went to school with uses it to pin trend-tastic clothes and home decorations. I use it to go to the humor pins and laugh at all the animals with captions. Laugh and laugh and laugh. Thanks, Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment