Their house looks like this:
YES Saturday we finally finished the bookshelves. And we still have room to let the library grow, which is nice since by the end of this semester we will be adding plenty of books to the permanent collection. We also saved room on the very bottom of the lone case for library books. There are so many.
It's nice to have a home that looks like grown ups, not frat boys, live in it. Furniture is where it is supposed to be, boxes are gone, and we can start hanging things up. On our awesome couch you can see where a nice little study area has been set up, complete with a can of Dew, a roll of toilet paper (congestion), and behind that blue cup is a bottle of Tapatio to facilitate proper string cheese consumption. Oh yes, and the spoon was for eating cookie dough. So maybe the apartment still looks like frat boys live here, but I make zero apologies for my dietary habits.
Today was the first day when I could feel the fall air. At the local Northern Trust bank (I love them) I made small talk with the receptionist and the topic turned to, what else, the weather. I told her how excited I was for my first East Coast autumn. Even though she was just being polite, SHE got excited, and then I got even MORE excited, we pretty much fed off all the autumn joy. By the time I left that office I was dead set on three things: hot chocolate, apple picking, and ghosts made out of tissues and Tootsie Roll Pops, with Sharpie dots for eyes. What are those things called? I need like 30 of them. Stat.
No comments:
Post a Comment